(keitai-l) Re: smartphones

From: P.A.N. <mobilizer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/09/05
IDC defines a converged mobile device (in other words a smartphone?) as a
device that combines mobile WAN telephony with either an HLOS such as
Symbian, Windows Mobile/Windows CE, Palm OS, or Linux. RIM-branded devices
are also included in this category.

So, HLOS (high level os) seems to be a defining element in judging whether
the phone is smart or not.

Aleksey