(keitai-l) Re: Gmail Mobile

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 12/16/05
Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Kyle Barrow wrote:
>>Signed in on Vodafone 903T but got a message that my browser doesn't
>>support cookies. It, like most other Openwave browsers does support
>>cookies and cookies are working on my mobile so I think Gmail is
>>still in betaville.
>
> Huh. Yeah, no hope of cookies on Docomo. But I don't think that makes
> much difference, since the login screen on my Docomo phone is mojibake,
> anyway.
>
> Definitely still some work to be done here!

Just tried it with my 9500 (over wlan) and reading works beautifully -
it makes use of the full wide screen. However, the send part is far from
ready: both "add recipient" and "send" return server errors and the
widescreen layout pretty bad (but usable). I'd say alpha/proof of
concept as a whole.

Still, for reading it is a lot better than the "basic html" I had to use
before. Personally I wish they would go for Secure IMAP support - their
Secure POP doesn't quite work with the 9500 once the list grows beyond a
few 100 messages.

				/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se