(keitai-l) Re: Offline Browser for Mobile Sites?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/22/05
Many i-mode sites block access from non-i-mode
browsers.
For example if you try to access the URL of
DoCoMo's i-Menu page with a PC browser you will
simply get a message that this URL does not exist.
Especially paid content sites will make sure that
only people who have paid the subscription fee
can access.
Many non-menu sites provide access to different
sections of the site for PCs and mobile phones
(sometimes according to the model of the phone)
under the same URL.

Gerhard

Michael Rollins wrote:
> Greetings, List.
>
> I'm looking for a way to download all of the content for an
> i-mode site to a local PC. "Offline" web browsers exist to
> simplify this sort of thing for normal websites, but the ones
> I've tried can't properly retrieve i-mode site content.
>
> Anything out there?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/