(keitai-l) Re: imode JP news in English 2006

From: marcus saw <saw_marcus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12/27/05
Ok, I have an online RSS reader for my keitai which I use daily to get the news..its only in xhtml at the moment because I never did get around to finishing off the other versions and it has a bug ( prizes for the first person who spots it ).   but it works for me ( I have a Sony Ericsson AU phone ).

  http://www.pixs.jp

  If you want any additions please let me know.

  For those of you who are interested it IS built on the Magpie RSS code ( freaky that ) and on the site there is also a prototype of a site translator type thing that tries to squeeze a full sized website into the keitai.. its not so great at the moment but works for the news.bbc.co.uk site pretty well.  Unfortunately I gave up coding it after I realised that I would be competing with Google mobile ( darn them!! ).

  Marcus Saw.
  cellsuite.jp

Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk@gmail.com> wrote:
  Someone on this list must have built a web-based RSS reader that you
can view using any keitai browser. hint hint - free the code ;-p

Anyway, if you're looking for Japan specific content, why not use a
combination of existing technologies like Technorati+RSS.

BUT then again, this might only pull in the headline and first few sentences ...
We need more _full_ RSS feeds, and something that'll separate long
content into multiple pages!

If you're into coding PHP, you can use Magpie RSS and mash something
up pretty easily. I'm sure Perl, Python, and any server-side scripting
language has a similar library. If you're not a code junky, then you
can convince somebody on this list to whip something up for a few mugs
of Ebisu :-)

This mail was sent to address saw_marcus@yahoo.com