(keitai-l) Re: Japanese handsets, operators and good advice...

From: John Guthed <john.guthed_at_12snap.se>
Date: 03/02/06
Thank you very much! I have one more question...

We are doing a campaign in Europe, where users send an MMS to an email
adress. This may sound unusual, but is done so that we need not put up
expensive shortcodes all across Europe. Also, that way we are able to
pick up the MSISDN of the user, as it is - usually - given in the return
adress of the message (usually something like
46733383420@mms.telia.com). When the message has been received, we then
return an SMS containing a link to a mobile website.

My question is this - can Japanese users send MMS to an emailadress, and
is the MSISN given in the adress header as described above? Or are
messages sent to an emailadress sent as an actual email?

BR,

John Guthed