(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone KK

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 03/09/06
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:26:57 -0800
P.A.N. <mobilizer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/5/06, Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro@maltech.jp> wrote:
> >

> > Now if only Softbank can prepare us some great stuffs in time for
> > November's number portability lauching...
>
> Don't you think that the number portability will actually play well for
> Vodafone-Softbank? Look, Softbank has several millions of VoIP customers,
> right? How many of those are also customers of DoCoMo and KDDI? A couple of
> millions at least. Next, Vodafone-Softbank introduces Wi-Fi/cellular dual
> mode handsets and pursues its VoIP customer base to switch from other
> cellular carriers' service to its own now fixed-mobile IP service. How
> viable this can be?

I do think it's a great chance for Vodafone/Softbank, but it needs to
have something great for switchers, since recent market research shows
that many more customers in DoCoMo and Vadafone are thinking of
switching than in au (http://www.interscope.co.jp/release/060223.html).
So if nothing changes in terms of service/features/handset with Vodafone
till November this year, we can expect many Vodafone customers to switch
to au or DoCoMo when number portability starts.

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

Technology is dominated by two types of people:
Those who understand what they do not manage.
Those who manage what they do not understand.
				-- Putt's Law