(keitai-l) Re: Docomo i-appli to video out

From: Alex Young <growlingdog_at_gmail.com>
Date: 04/07/06
On 4/7/06, Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Peter Van der Weeen wrote:
>
> > Has anyone on this list experience with this or could you suggest
> > alternative solutions?
>
> Various companies make special cradles into which you place the phone, a
> camera focuses on the screen, and you get a VGA output from that. That's
> the only generic solution.

When I was working with docomo's i-mode global team, they used to use a
device that you can strap your keitai onto (flush to the magnified) and then
it connected to the projector for a video output.  I wanted to buy one of
these in Japan but didn't have the money at the time, I believe the only
markings on the device was "PLUS-1" and cost around 48,000yen. (around that
much.. not sure exactly).  The last time I searched for it was mid-last year
and there's a public website that promotes it (you'll have to search for it
though).

Hope that helps.

Alex Young