(keitai-l) Re: TuKa...

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/18/06
Martyn,

What you describe is the situation one year ago.
Japan's telecom industry is changing very rapidly.

TuKa consisted of three companies until last summer (Summer 2005).
Summer 2005 KDDI absorbed TuKa, and if you look at the
numbers you will see that KDDI is aggressively moving TuKa users
over to AU.
KDDI used to own another PDC network which they switched
off years ago. I am confident that KDDI will soon also switch off
the TuKa network.
It's totally logic. Also: PDC is controlled by NTT, it makes no sense
for KDDI to own/operate/invest in an expensive legacy network
where the technology is controlled by the No. 1 competitor.

Also there is no more Vodafone PDC network in Japan soon -
it was acquired recently by Softbank, and I think they will also
do like KDDI and move the users over to 3G and switch off the
PDC network as soon as they can

If you are interested in details, you'll find all this explained in
detail
in our JCOMM report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/jcomm/

Gerhard