(keitai-l) Re: QR codes

From: Kris Honeycutt <kris.honeycutt_at_solid-thinking.com>
Date: 04/20/06
I would have to agree with Gerhard.
While you will no doubt run into some people who do not understand QR codes,
it is by no means a reflection of the user base on a whole, particularly the
younger demographic. Some of my Japanese clients for whom I do web, mobile
and print work did not really understand their use and potential until I
explained it. That was a year ago and now all of them use QR Codes in their
magazine advertisements, posters, business cards and other print collateral
in order to better tie together their on and offline advertising . The
custom metrics system we developed allowing them to measure how much traffic
comes from individual resource/codes has not only proven to us how much the
codes are used by consumers, but also helps the client determine what
marketing ventures truly performed and where to spend their future
advertising dollars...errr yen...

Kris