(keitai-l) Re: QR codes

From: Jim Levinger <jlevinger_at_nextcodecorp.com>
Date: 04/20/06
Hi Michael,

Certainly my experience with Japanese handsets is limited given that I am in
the US. But we have developed QR code readers for several. Phones we have
seen either have a manual macro lens or in some cases provide an auto focus
lens. Do the phones that you refer to possibly have an auto focus lens so
there is no macro switch?

An interesting point, a couple of weeks ago I was at CTIA, a DoCoMo employee
tried to demonstrate QR code reading to me in their booth. After three
failed attempts to read the code that was on her badge, I had to prompt her
to flip the macro switch on the demo phone. After that it finally worked.

Jim