(keitai-l) Re: QR codes

From: Kris Honeycutt <kris.honeycutt_at_solid-thinking.com>
Date: 04/20/06
Jim,

Usually the codes my clients use correspond to a specific page within their
site or mini-site for a contest or new product release campaign.
A backend admin system lets the client create campaigns and assign
resources, for which a formatted QR code containing the link with a unique
identifier is generated.
The QR code simply contains a URL and basic description, however the client
is free to enter in whatever info they desire.
The link in turn goes to a device/carrier detection page that redirects the
user to the appropriate version of the site.
The same page also detects the resource identifier to determine what
advertising resource the user is coming from and logs it, along with their
user-agent.

Feel free to shoot me mail off list if you like. I don't always have the
time to keep up with the list.

kris.honeyctt@solid-thinking.com