(keitai-l) Re: J2ME Kanji Flashcard app v-appli

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 06/23/06
On 23 Jun 2006, at 18:26, Nick Delleman wrote:

> Hi Nick,
> Have also been trying myself to write/ port a similar application
> to my
> phone but without much success.
> Tried yours out and it doesn't work on the Vodafone 803T. It comes
> with the
> error 'invalid application'. I'm sure only minor alterations are
> needed
> though.
> Keep me posted on your progress.
> Regards,
> Nick

Nick adds....

It won't load on the 702NK - I get "Unable to Install -  Download
Failed"

This may be due to the 702nk's well documented refusal to install
unsigned files....

Java files usually install fine, it is .sis format files that it
objects to... I guess your app is Java..(?) - which makes it strange.

Could you send me the file directly as if may be easier to get it on
the phone manually than by a download. If it IS a .sis file, it will
almost certainly be so...

Nick

(This reminds me of an old "Not The 9 o'clock News" sketch. Fiat
Strada. Built by Roberts...)