(keitai-l) Re: Moodle for Mobiles! testing

From: Jamie P <me_at_jamiep.org>
Date: 06/27/06
Hi all,
We could do with some help testing the mfm code across a cross section of
phones. Fairly extensive tests performed so far seem to show that course
navigation, user log in and the quiz module code works well on nearly all
phones. We've used chtml in order to target the broadest range of phones
possible.

We did find there seemed to be a problem on a DoCoMo
P505i<http://www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2003/000990.html>with the feedback
module. Problems reported were error messages when trying
to access a feedback activity and an inability to proceed past the first
page of poll questions. Does anyone have a P505i or similar handy to test
on?

In order to register on the demo site you can and try out the activities you
can :

 –

   - Send an email from your phone to mfm@ept3.sgu.ac.jp
   - Make the subject your given name and family name seperated by a
   space eg. Jamie Pratt
   - You will be automagically registered and your username and password
   will be sent back to you by email.
   - Follow the link also in the email you will receive to reach the
   'JALT CALL Interactive' site. This was a site set up as part of the Japanese
   Association of Language Teachers' CALL conference which was used to collect
   participant feedback on presentations.

I would particularly like peoples feedback on the Demo Feedback Activity
(non anonymous) <http://ept3.sgu.ac.jp/mod/feedback/view.php?id=24> , Feedback:
Most-used Moodle activity
modules<http://ept3.sgu.ac.jp/mod/feedback/view.php?id=3>and the quiz
module activities Adaptive
Quiz with Password <http://ept3.sgu.ac.jp/mod/quiz/view.php?id=2> and Non
adaptive quiz <http://ept3.sgu.ac.jp/mod/quiz/view.php?id=25> . Would be
very grateful if you guys could email me off list to tell me what phones
you're using and do these activities work OK on your phone, if not what
seems to be the problem. Sending me the time (and what time zone you're in)
when you access the activities will help me to link your reports to server
logs and would also be useful!

We promise not to send out any spam to your email address!

Also the code for Moodle for Mobiles is available along with installation
instructions here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_for_Mobiles in case you'd
like to give it a spin on your own server.

A big thank you for any help you can offer!!!

Jamie