(keitai-l) Re: KDDI_OS

From: Andreas Constantinou <andreas_at_visionmobile.com>
Date: 07/25/06
Nick,

You can think of the following as good-enough approximations:

BREW is similar to Trolltech Qtopia, S60, MOAP (plus UI), China MobileSoft
stack (now part of ALP), Pollex stack, and GTK+ with GStreamer
Symbian OS is similar to Montavista Linux, Wind River OS

OS = manages filesystem, memory, I/O hardware, process/task scheduling,
events management, communications (GSM/CDMA/3G)
Middleware = multimedia framework, PIM engines, messaging engines, Java VM
UI = widget libraries, windows management, Flash/SVG engine

Microsoft, ALP, A la Mobile, Purple Labs, Maemo = OS + Middleware + UI

Andreas