(keitai-l) Re: Verzion had more subscribers than Cingular by a tad (was: Lengthy review of the WS003SH)

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/27/06
Paul Lester wrote:

> I would say 54.8 million subscribers is more than 54 million.....

If/when Verizon regains the lead I'm sure they'll tell us about it:)

But I agree that it may be too close to matter... which brings me back
to my point that Verizon is not a good indicator of the US wireless
application market, since three of the four largest US carriers carry
Java-enabled handsets, and in total they have well over twice as many
subscribers as Verizon:

Cingular (54.9 million?) + Sprint/Nextel (40 million) + T-Mobile (23 million)

--
Joe Bowbeer ~ joebowbeer.thruhere.net