(keitai-l) Re: FOMA phones hacked?

From: <martyn_williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 09/04/06
The opposite side to this is that Vodafone and NTT DoCoMo won't let you
fully use your own handset even if you pay for it. They don't publish the
operator settings for Web or email leaving you with nothing but voice and
SMS unless you buy one of their phones -- that's not very nice either.

I'm sure with number portability this will start to change. They won't let
you keep your handset. You have to buy another one. That's silly,
especially when in some cases they sell the same phone (Nokia 6630).

But how come I can't get my phone unlocked. Once I've subscribed then it's
my phone, not something I am renting or borrowing from the carrier. And
unlocking it doesn't mean I am stealing service -- like a hacked pay TV
decoder would allow my free access.

Martyn