(keitai-l) Accessing keitai content via the lan and not the operator network

From: Matthew Faull <matt_at_rairyu.tk>
Date: 09/29/06
Hi, I've tried searching through the list, but I couldn't find a way to
do this.

I was just wondering if anyone here had ever heard of a way to make
Japanese mobile phones browse the web via the local lan, rather than
using the providers network.

My motivation here is that I’m finding a pain having to expose test
sites to the internet, in order to test mobile applications. It also
makes it next to impossible to test phones when you're in another
country.

Any ideas?

I've tried the emulators - but sometimes they seem to act a bit
differently to the phones

Thanks

Matt