(keitai-l) Re: buying keitai

From: Nik Frengle <nfrengle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11/06/06
Hi,
I reccomend getting a 3G Sharp or Sony Ericcson from Softbank. The Sharp
uses standard 3G connectors, and you can buy a dual voltage adapter for it
(at least I was able to last year), and the Sony Ericcson has dual voltage
on it's power adapter (better check though--ware ware Nihonjin wa sonna koto
iranai kamo shirenai). Both are (or so I have heard) un-lockable, so if you
bring them to Europe you should be ok.
That is what I would do. One thing to keep in mind is that whatever your
phone, to use it in Europe it must be a 3G model WITH GSM, and be
unlockable. There are adapters for power, etc, but no workarounds for it not
being 3G, or not able to be unlocked to a certain network. Forget about
Nokia.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Nik