(keitai-l) where to get protocol info on foma handset

From: <robinmcf_at_altern.org>
Date: 11/29/06
Hi there

I came on this list whilst looking for some kind of information on how
to get at the data stored on my DoCoMo SA700iS.

After digging about on the DoCoMo web page, I found there is PC
software for making phone data backups, available for download. It's
well hidden but it's there if you look hard enough. However, as far as
I can tell there is no software for OSX to do this, in fact the only
related software I could find anywhere was a sourceforge project which
lets you use FOMA handsets connected by USB as modems for a box running
OSX
(http://fomausbosx.sourceforge.jp/)

Being opensource the author allows people to download his source code
for the driver manager, and not being afraid of a bit of programming, I
aim to pull together some kind of app, however I can't find any info on
the protocol used to 'talk' to the handset through a USB port.

anyone got any links or pointers?

TIA

Robin