(keitai-l) Re: Looking for web hosting provider in Japan

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/21/06
>Japan hosts are about your only option if you have a .co.jp domain.

Isn't this a matter of DNS settings? My .jp site is hosted in the US.

I use a VPS (virtual private server $49/month, mysql,php,unlimited domains,
10gb hd, 80gb transfer, gauranteed CPU and memory etc.) which has been the
best option for me in the 7+years since being online in Japan. Lag time may
be an issue, so you should run a traceroute/ping etc to see how long it
takes to connect to the server from various locations. My site takes 206ms,
yahoo japan is 17ms (very fast) and yahoo usa is 120. However, as far as
user experience, I dont see any difference when actually loading the page.

If you have a large budget, go local, otherwise for value, go abroad.

David

あの MSN がリニューアル!さらに使いやすくなりました http://jp.msn.com/