(keitai-l) Re: emoji characters not showing up in inbox

From: <ariste_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/08/07
Hi all,

About a year and a half ago I made a rough prototype to translate emoji
mail and optimize image sizes/formats between the various carriers and
handsets.  I found that Docomo changes emoji to the "=" sign on their
end, and there isn't really any way to receive the actual character
code (that I could find).  I encountered no such problems with any of
the other carriers.... only Docomo was for lack of a better way to say
it, "uncooperative".  I haven't looked at this recently, and it may
have changed somewhat in the intervening year and a half, but for what
it's worth.

Steve