(keitai-l) Re: e shaberi mail?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/14/07
Joe,

no paradox at all.

Personally, I have been working 22 years with Japan's high-tech
and telecom's markets, and I know somethings about it.
However, I know where my limits are.

The approach of some highly paid expatriate managers is opposite.
Some of them have been a few weeks or months in Japan and
take management decisions based on assumptions or intuitions -
and in many cases fail. I won't name them but I think most people
on this list know some very famous global companies which fell
into this trap.

As an example, I never make guesses or assumptions about
certain aspects of Japan's market - but I ask our Japanese team
members for their opinion, or we go out and ask a couple of 100
Japanese consumers about their opinion.

The success of a particular mobile service in Japan is such a
case. Seeking the (free) opinion of some random members of
this list will in most cases not give you a reliable answer.

That's all I wanted to say.

Gerhard
http://fasol.com/