(keitai-l) Re: emoji characters not showing up in inbox

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/14/07
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, ariste@gol.com wrote:

> I found that Docomo changes emoji to the "=" sign on their end, and
> there isn't really any way to receive the actual character code (that
> I could find).

That's correct to this day. However, this is only for the "old style"
emoji characters that are encoded with character codes from the JIS code
space. There's another set of characters (which I can't remember how
to access off-hand), many if not all of which are animated, which come
through as animated GIF images attached to the MIME mail message. These
will surive a round trip: if you send such a message off-network and
then forward it back to a Docomo phone, the message will be displayed on
the phone with these emoji embedded.

I'll probably work out all the details if the need ever arises for me
and, if you're really lucky, I'll put the keitai-dev wiki back up and
post a page about it. :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974