(keitai-l) Re: Emobile

From: <martyn_williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 02/23/07
> willcom, but current offering is still way behind willcomm (since the

I guess it depends on what you want cellular data for. Willcomm has plently
of users who are on its flat-rate plan for nothing more than PC browsing.
I'm one of them!

Now I'm paying 10,000 yen a month for a 128k bps connection. It's
nationwide but I almost only ever use it in Tokyo. I've also got a 2,000
yen a month NTT Hotspot subscription for those times I need to send heavier
data and am out of the office. For 6,000 yen I could cut my bill in half
and get high-speed coverage all over Tokyo. Sounds like a good deal to me!
But how many of those Willcomm customers are on the data-only plan like me?

Of course, the other unknown is network coverage. DoCoMo covered only Tokyo
when it launched 3G and I'm sure we all remember the howls of protest from
users who found they couldn't get good reception.

Martyn