(keitai-l) Re: best 5

From: Chris Houser <houser_at_kinjo-u.ac.jp>
Date: 03/10/07
On 3/9/07, Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com> wrote:
> This is a link (via slashdot) to a story suggesting 5 mobile phone
> services as being "best" in the uk
> http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49288311,00.htm

Fascinating! Actually I counted six:

1. 60835 'home' 35p > list of nearest licensed cab offices

2. Google Maps MIDP location + destination > directions

3. Gmail WAP/MIDP

4. ZYB back-ups numbers and texts

5. Call 2580, record song in 20 second call + 50p > text artist/track names

6. AQA £1 text arbitrary question, recieve half-decent answer

> Anyone care to hazard some suggestions for a similar list for Japan?

Yes, I'd really like to hear about this too.

Back when I had a MIDP phone, I used the gmail app, and also Opera
Mini. I experimented with a service that claimed to sync with Google
Calender, but it never worked correctly. I experimented with several
RSVP readers for ebooks and RSS feeds. And of course I made big use of
Google's mobile proxy, bloglines mobile, the mobile Google Reader, and
such. But none of those are Japanese services.

OTOH, Japanese carriers' email services seem richer than SMS...