(keitai-l) Re: Japan's KDDI to provide cellphone service in U.S

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/10/07
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Joe Bowbeer wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest:
>
> Japan's KDDI to provide cellphone service in U.S, using Sprint's
> network and catering mostly to Japanese customers in the U.S.

Absolutely fascinating.

I'm wondering what they're going to do about customer service. Will they
be providing it in Japanese, or English, or both? If they're providing
English service, it's anywhere near as good as what they provide in
Japan, and they're not too much more expensive than Sprint, I could seem
them eating a fairly hefty chunk of Sprint's business.

(For those not familiar with US cellphone carriers, their level of
customer service is astoundingly bad. Check out consumerist.com for
plenty of examples.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974