(keitai-l) Re: Japan's KDDI to provide cellphone service in U.S

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 04/10/07
On 4/9/07, Tim Smith <tim@freeverse.jp> wrote:
> Oh - one of the best ones is this - most people don't know that when
> they use WAP services they are also getting charged against their voice
> minutes!!

Sprint customers can add unlimited web browsing for $10 to $20 per
month.  The higher end of the range includes additional features such
as picture mail.

I pay $10/month and use Google Maps, Mobilcast (podcast client from
Melodeo), and GMail regularly, in addition to the browser.  Without
eating up voice minutes.

( We're here to discuss the Japanese mobile phenomenon, and, besides,
accurate information concerning US data plans is readily available on
the web, but every now and then I feel compelled to set the record
straight :-)

--Joe