(keitai-l) Re: Roaming Abroad

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew_at_cvp.jp>
Date: 07/19/07
I can send and receive SMS to/from DoCoMo in Japan using a Dopod 838 Pro (http://www.dopodasia.com/Dopod/Singapore/En/Products/PDAPhone/838Pro/) with a DoCoMo SIM. I'm almost 100% sure that I can't send to AU and Softbank.
Although there are a lot of good things about mobile in Japan, I really resent the fact they have basically neutered SMS. Being able to send a text message to anyone without knowing their mobile email address is surprisingly useful. Because it's never been here though, no-one misses it.

Andrew
www.winmojo.com