(keitai-l) Re: Roaming Abroad

From: d c <dc.pikkle2007_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/20/07
hi -
I don't think people would talk on the phone in the subway. Take a JR
> train, where there is coverage, and everyone is emailing and surfing. No
> one, well maybe I see one person a week, talks on the phone. A year or so
> ago the Asahi or Nikkei had a story pointing out that no transport
> operator
> could point to a single incident in which a cell phone was implicated in
> any sort of problem with a pacemaker.

then with flat rate data there is little incentive for the carriers to build
out this very expensive infra. in japan most voice plans end up having a
per-minute component, whereas data is mostly tsukaihoudai, or almost
certainly will be in 12 mo's

as a content provider, i am happy to see flatrate data. but realize beyond
competitive edge, this may limit investment in new infra.

/dc