(keitai-l) Re: more imode nonsense.

From: Andreas Constantinou <andreas_at_visionmobile.com>
Date: 07/23/07
The primary reason for the failure of i-mode outside Japan has been lack of
handsets, i.e. that producing an i-mode variant delays time-to-market by as
much as 9 months. Even a week's delay will hurt sales, as sales peak when a
handset model is first introduced and then gradually decline.

I think we 'll see more i-mode alliance operators gradually drop i-mode.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. And while we 're on the topic of DoCoMo
export strategy, my guess is that DoCoMo's next such strategy is LiMo and
using the LiMo stack to export services to handsets abroad - this is safer
than i-mode in terms of handset availability, since Moto and Samsung have
committed to producing LiMo stack phones. I 'd be curious to hear what every
one else thinks, since this is mostly a guestimate.

Andreas

--
Andreas Constantinou, Ph.D. | VisionMobile :: Knowledge, Passion, Innovation
+30 6979630260 (GR) | +44 7814027250 (UK) | www.linkedin.com/in/andreasc