(keitai-l) Re: Mozilla and W3C at Mobile Monday

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike_at_w3.org>
Date: 02/07/08
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>, 2008-02-07 11:57 +0900:
> On 2008-02-06 20:26 +0900 (Wed), Christopher Kobayashi wrote:
>
> > Mike Smith from the W3C will also be presenting on HTML5, which is cool."
>
> I'm presuming that this is the same presentation as he recently did at
> the Tokyo2Point0 meeting. It's quite entertaining, and for once was a
> presentation truly interesting even to a techie like me, though I think
> that non-techies would get a lot out of it too.

Actually, it's a different presentation, covering just a few
details about how HTML5 relates to mobile use cases, but mainly
focusing on some significant changes that have happened in the
area of Web technologies on mobile devices over the last several
months -- things like Webkit (the Web engine used in Apple Safari
on Mac machines on the iPhone and iPod touch) being made a core
component of both Google Android and Trolltech's Qt (now in the
process of being acquired by Nokia) -- and what those changes
might mean for mobile developers, device makers, carriers, and
end users going forward.

It could end up being not quite as entertaining as the
presentation I did at the Tokyo2Point0 meeting, because I'll be
presenting it while sober (most likely). But I will do my best to
inject some entertainment value into it.

But even if my presentation ends up sucking, I'm sure the
presentation from Christian Sejersen (on the work that Mozilla is
doing to develop a new mobile browser) there will be well worth
seeing.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith