(keitai-l) Re: Mobile website development in Japan

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 02/08/08
Before you leap into any mobile development you need to identify what
content you want to deliver to task orientated mobile web users. A
mobile site that is simply a repackaged desktop version may be of
little interest to your target mobile user and could warrant
developing mobile-specific content in which case the database
foundation of your desktop site is less of a concern.

I've never been happy with .net mobile as you lose too much control
and their device profiles are terribly out-of-date but I'm sure you
can find plenty of experienced mobile developers on this list willing
to help your company out with its mobile development.

Cheers

Kyle