(keitai-l) Re: Mobile website development in Japan

From: Kapil Sharma <kapil.sharma_at_iap-online.com>
Date: 02/08/08
Hi All,

Thank you all for your answers.

It seems that XHTML is supported by many mobile phones. I do not know about
pseudo-XML as told by curt. Is it same?
Also it seems there is lot of testing involved (hectic issue Grrrr!!).

Also there are issues involved in implementing XHTML :

1) May be some of the phones like DocoMo MOVA are only supporiting c-HTML
and not XML tags.

2) Also there are different XHTML versions supported by different phones as
stated here:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/binary/pdf/service/imode/make/content/spe
c/imode_spec.pdf

therefore i think we need to stick to the lower version for compatability.

Regards,
Kapil