(keitai-l) Re: iPhone

From: Nick May <nick_at_cogitoltd.com>
Date: 06/12/08
The iphone 3g hardware is pants - but the platform (iphone 2.0) looks
interesting. I think this hardware is a "placeholder" to get the
platform up and running. The really nice stuff will use  PA produced
chips. (Likely future use of the PA chips is indicated by a throwaway
line from Jobs quoted at second hand on the Register.)

This is quite interesting.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2008/06/wwdc_2008_and_i.html

Apple uses software  to drive hardware - always had done. In the short
term it may tank, but in the medium to long term it will do well.

Nick