(keitai-l) Re: iPhone on DoCoMo

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew_at_cvp.jp>
Date: 06/24/08
It does seem to be the expectation in the tech community that DoCoMo will  also offer the iPhone sooner or later. I'd heard rumors of an announcement and also that it would come with the next update release from Apple.

I'm sure DoCoMo don't want to lose the battle here and Apple don't necessarily have any particular loyalty to Softbank so it would make sense.
Switching to Softbank's network has been a concern for me too. On the other hand, DoCoMo's pricing may be good if you are mainly phoning friends and family, but I think I could save quite a bit with the white plan. (I've been with DoCoMo around 9 years).

If DoCoMo has signed a deal you can bet they at least want to make the announcement before June 11. I don't know the shop business, but if they are telling shop staff then you'd think it would be very close.

All very interesting :-) Thanks for the rumor.