(keitai-l) Re: Nokia seeks for mobile game developers

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 06/01/00
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Juergen Specht wrote:

> Nokia is looking for developers to make online games for mobile
> phones and it has established R&D centres in Helsinki, Belgrade

	There are also allready a couple mobile game companies
	established in Finland. The first one was SpringToys Inc
	which was established by the keypersons of Housemarque
	(a company which makes PC Games). I know they also have
	some great Java talents inhouse so I would be thrilled
	to see something come out from them for future Java
	enabled keitai (if they're into Japanese market or not,
	I don't know).

		http://www.housemarque.fi/
		http://www.springtoys.com/

	Then there are also a bit less known companies as Intelligame
	and Riotgames (which I think are now working as one company).
	According to my knowledge the latter two are mostly working on
	wap games at the moment.

		http://www.intelligame.com/
		http://www.riotgames.com/

	I am personally really looking forward to see the first wireless
	games developed for the Java i-mode phones. I see so much more
	possibilities on those phones than the ratherr dull wap handsets.

	Are 503i's still scheduled to come out during this year?

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/