(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode browser cache??

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 06/02/00
omame wrote:

> Hiya,
> Does anyone know how images (machiuke-gamen) are
> actually stored in an i-Mode phone, technically
> speaking? Or where detailed tech specs can be found?

I am guessing that they are just stored in memory on the phone.

> I guess what I'm really getting at, is there a sort
> of pseudo-browser cache built into i-Mode phones?

There is a very real browser cache on the phone, as well as memory for
the os and apps.

I suspect that images are stored in memory on the phone and displayed
as machiuke-gamen similar to using a PC browser to display html and
images stored on the harddrive. The OS GUI for I-Mode phones is via
the browser, so the machiiuke-gamen is sort of like the default,
offline display of a browser.

Again, just guesswork.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144