(keitai-l) Re: Nokia NM502i vs CDMA1ezweb vs JPhone-skyweb

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 06/06/00
While most would agree CDMA is a superior technology, I think
EZWeb/access' implementation is terrible, with the WAP interface, EZ
interface, and handset interface totally different; sometimes it's the
right arrow, other times it's one of the WAP buttons, and yet other
times a totally different button.

The handset interface + WAP browser interface is poorly designed, and
especially on Toshiba's IDO cmdaOne the caching is very bad. Not too
mention email retrieval -- you get an SMS message saying you have
email on the server, and all emailing is done online, while connected.

I have issues in general with the WAP browser interface concept, but
for example Nokia's implementation of a WAPlike interface is MUCH
better than many of the IDO implementations. Opinion only, of course.

As for security, so far I-Mode is the most secure, offering 40 bit SSL
from the gateway and supposedly soon to release 128 SSL from the
handset.

I experience serious connectivity problems on both EZ and I-Mode. And
despite the 14.4 speed advantage of EZ, I don't see a particularly
noticeable speed improvement, but then again just my limited testing.

cdmaOne is packet-switched, but using Tsuka to access EZ and you're
most likely on a circuit-switched network.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144