(keitai-l) limitations when sending mails (newsletters) to i-mode mobile phones...

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 06/08/00
Dear list,

at the following URL is a short overview of how many
characters people can send and receive on their mobile
phones (i-mode, cdmaone, j-sky).

http://anima.editthispage.com/tips/mailfeatures

I think it is escpecially important that i-mode users can
only receive mails with up to 250 characters so far which
probably should be kept well in mind when sending mails
(e.g. newsletters/mail magazines) to mobile phone e-mail
addresses (I found some i-mode mail magazines today and
they all limit their content to 250 characters)...

I read in a Magazine though that from this month on docomo
will introduce an option where i-mode users can receive up
to 2000 characters via mail, but they will have to set that
option manually in their i-mode settings menu (so they also
have to know about it!) and it seems to be not available yet
(=its not on my i-mode phone menu yet).

Does anybody know more about that or even already saw that
new option working on the phone?

HTH,
Andrea
--