(keitai-l) Re: limitations when sending mails (newsletters) to i-mode mobile phones...

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 06/08/00
Gosh, now I'm being asked for by name...ahem:

4000 byte emails (2000 double-byte characters) are automatically broken up
into 500 byte chunks and sent to the phone as separate emails.
Functionality is built into all 502i handsets but not 501i...no date for full
handset compatability that I know of. I'm looking for the original press
release but can't remember when it was announced...

r e n

"Giles Richter, WestCyber" wrote:

> Imode 2000 char. email capability is built into 502 series but not yet
> enabled on backend. 2000 chars will mean scrolling through multiple card
> stacks like on WAP phones. I have not heard firm date on deployment. Uh,
> Ren?

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex:   \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
** note new work email: renfield.kuroda@msdw.com **