(keitai-l) Re: Fw: Re: limitations when sending mails (newsletters) to i-mode mobile phones...

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 06/08/00
"Giles Richter, WestCyber" wrote:

> Hey Ren,
>
> Sorry to call you out like that...Well, c'mon...you practically ARE the
> entire egoups list.  Where did the iJapan guy run off too? He used to answer
> those questions for a while....

No biggie...just doin' my job.

> As for the compatibility issue between J.platforms, I did not mean that
> there was some mutual agreement anywhere, just that somebody had whispered
> to me that plans are already underway at different carriers to give users
> access to the content in other mls.  I will double check with one of my
> DoCoMo contacts to get the lowdown...

Hmm...well I know for a fact that DoCoMo doesn't care at all about letting their
customers access contents from J-Sky and/or EZ...I DO know for a fact that
DoCoMo considers J-Phone it's biggest threat, one of the reasons being the
contents are almost totally compatible (a smart move on J-Phone's part, and no
accident for sure).
But again it's not possible at this time to access I-Menu contents without an
I-Mode phone (not totally true, some services expose their IP addresses and take
connections from any terminal, even a PC browser...)

As other threads have spoken to, I think XHTML is the way it's ALL going to go,
both wired and wireless Internet (including WAP).

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144