(keitai-l) WAP/cHTML phones (was Re: Re: AOLCOMO?)

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 08/02/00
I just finished a first pass of Rohit Kare's "W* Effect Considered Harmful"
(shows you how far behind *I* am).  From what he says, doing a full
implementation of both WAP and cHTML sounds pretty messy, unless
you were to have two completely separate protocol stacks, and some
high-level switch between the two.  By "high-level" I mean, like, maybe
even a physical button ;-(

Does anyone have good pointers to any counterarguments to Kare's
essay, by the way?  His technical arguments are hard to fault.  Has
anyone made a case why W* is a fait accompli anyway?  This is,
after all, telecom, not the Internet - the same "IP over all" arguments
need not apply.

michael
www.idiom.com/~turner
leap@gol.com