(keitai-l) Re: Non-NTT payment schemes

From: Bruce Kirk <kirkb_at_logica.com>
Date: 08/09/00
No URL I'm afraid, but the article itself was on page 15 of yesterday's
paper...Have faxed through a copy to you on the Westcyber fax no.

In summary, the service is called "Mobile _at_ Nifty" and is aimed at Nifty's
existing fixed-line customer base of 3.8M users. Big question is what
percentage of them have i-mode phones ... Anyway, can handle billing of
content 300 yen + (ie, the stuff that Docomo hasn't concentrated on to date)
and seemingly relies on a 4 digit PIN for security.

Cheers again,

Bruce