(keitai-l) Re: j-phone photo email

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 08/11/00
"M. David" wrote:

> Nothing new in this article but i found this amusing:
> From todays asia business tech
> http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/cover/109606
> J-Phone Tokyo to Debut E-Mail Device with Digital Camera
> ------
> By connecting the device with J-Phone's cellular phone compatible with
> J-Sky, J-Phone's Internet service for cellular phones, it will be possible
> to send images attached to e-mail messages, a company source said.
>
> Its internal memory available for users is 1MB, which means that users can
> record more than 50 pictures in the quantity-priority mode. The filmed
> images are stored in the JPEG format.
> -------
> Jphone portable phones use a png format. So stored images need to be
> converted over to png before being emailed??

One could deduct that this means J-Phone handsets will also support JPEG in
addition to PNG.

> Anyone have more info on the
> device? Will it be able to send to i-mode/ezweb phones?

The device I demo'd could only send to compatible J-Phone devices (newest
handsets).

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature