(keitai-l) i-mode traffic to unofficial sites

From: jeffrey funk <funk_at_rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 08/17/00
Hello,

Does anyone have any data or ideas how I-mode traffic and in particular
traffic to unofficial sites is changing? According to Docomo supplied data,
traffic to unofficial sites represented 14% of its traffic in December 1999
but I wonder if this has increased since then. The other traffic is as
follows:

9%: menu
27%: mail
34%: official sites
16%: automatic messages from content providers like character downloading
service providers

One might expect that docomo's restrictive menu would cause people to
gravitate towards the unofficial sites.

Jeffrey L. Funk
Associate Professor
Kobe University