(keitai-l) Re: chaku mero copyrights

From: Bruce Kirk <kirkb_at_logica.com>
Date: 08/18/00
Met someone from the music industry at the Wireless Internet conference who
was saying that nobody is paying any royalties at the moment because no-one
has any idea how to police it. However, with everything that's been
happening in the US with Napster you might find Docomo being sued by
Metallica for "vicarious infringement" in the very near future ... But in
saying that, the laws of audio sampling usually let you take up to 10
seconds of someone else's music without being subject to any copyright.