(keitai-l) Re: Privacy concerns contra usability?

From: jeffrey funk <funk_at_rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 08/22/00
From:	Juergen Specht [SMTP:js@anima.de]
Sent:	Tuesday, August 22, 2000 9:46 AM
To:	keitai-l@appelsiini.net
Subject:	(keitai-l) Re: Privacy concerns contra usability?

jeffrey funk wrote:
> There have been several court
> cases in the last few years where people have used subscriber
information
> (not docomo but I think hikari tsushin) and people have been arrested and
as
> far as I know convicted.
Interesting...do you know of any english spoken information
about these cases (links)?
Sorry I primarily rely on the nikkei shinbun for my information and even
here I can't remember the particular article. It's only been in the last few
months. I imagine that docomo will continue to cooperate with the police in
other matters. For example, Docomo's dislike of dating sites and other such
sites suggests that it will cooperate with the japanese "establishment" in
many ways.
> [...] The police
> most certainly uses this information as this is one reason why the
police
> asked docomo to begin collecting personal information when people
subscribe
> to pre-paid services. people in shady businesses where all beginning to
use
> pre-paid services.
Right. I remember a hostile case some weeks/months ago where a
guy made all the calls with a pre paid mobile phone and the
police could not catch him because of this.

Thanks!

Juergen

-- Type: application/ms-tnef