(keitai-l) Re: Interview

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 08/25/00
Ren:
> > your earring is your speaker and mic, your necklace is the
> > antenna, and your false fingernails act as a keyboard
> > by just tapping your fingers.

I don't even want to think about what nipple piercings might do....
warn your pacemaker that more interference is coming?  :-)

Jurgen:
> Well done, we need more phantasy!

While you can still call it fantasy, anyway.  Alan Kay, ex-PARC
researcher, envisioned Dynabook back in the 70s: a computer
that you could carry around with you.  Imagine that!  Once he
felt confident that this would become a reality he moved on:
"We have to start thinking of computers as something you
can wear."  Palmtops edge toward this category, but keitai
has a foot in the door - I am already starting to feel a bit
naked without mine.

Michael Turner
www.idiom.com/~turner
leap@gol.com