(keitai-l) Re: Phone Number Transmission when conneting with iMode

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 08/28/00
]  >From what I understand, official sites have access to full header info,
]  including the user telephone #. This is usually also their
]  email.  However,
]  unofficial sites dont have this, so the best you can do is have the form
]  contain @docomo.ne.jp already.

Does chtml have a "mailto" type tag - and then you could determine who the
user is from the msgs from address, assuming the phones email app is
correctly configured...
I understand it works the other way around (you can send email to a phone
with a link that launches the browser).

I heard that even official sites do not get a unique ID from the user, much
less their telephone address. However, I'm not sure this is correct, as then
it would require visitors to login to a game site each session with an ID,
in order to continue their progress. Is this the case? or do sites just
request a password (if that) to know who you are?

dc
david [dc] collier              ceo | Gamelet.com
                                e   | dc@gamelet.com
                                v   | 415.552.4968
Entertainment Marketing Technology  | http://www.gamelet.com