(keitai-l) Re: Phone Number Transmission when conneting with iMode

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 08/28/00
Stephen Carter wrote:

> So when you change your email address it doesn't just create an alias to the
> email=phonenumber? Do you know if this is discussed somewhere officially?
>
> I've only read the "user" documentation, and that only in English, so I've
> just guessed from the way it seemed to work that the phone number as your
> email always worked, but also a new name could be registered. But I never
> tried it.

I've tested this fairly extensively.
Once you change the mailid, the previous mailid becomes unusable for some period
of time.
You can always go back to the phonenumber as email id, though.
For example I first set my email id as renfield, then changed to renfield_k,
then tried to change back to renfield and couldn't for a while. I tried every
week for a month, and haven't bothered since. But now I just tried it and I got
renfield. Therefore it seems previously used email ids are unavailable for a
certain period of time (a couple months maybe) and then become available again.

However, you can always reset your email id to your phonenumber. You cannot set
your email id to someone else's phonenumber, though.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature